Wednesday 18 July 2012

DIY: Homemade Fabric Softener ... It's ALL About Saving $!


Seriously, I don't care who says making homemade remedies is stupid or a waste of time (honestly, some of my friends laugh at me...) they are WRONG ... and I just laugh at them cuz really, I'm the one that's saving in the long run!

This recipe doesn't take too much to make, you will be doing your laundry with this wicked softener in no time! Seriously, no time. I think from start to end it took me a total of 8 minutes... and I was taking my sweet @ss time!

What you need:
2 cups of Hair Conditioner (Scent of your choice)
3 cups of Distilled White Vinegar
6 cups Boiling water

Note: Remember when choosing which conditioner you are going to use -> that is what your fabric softener is going to smell like. If you like coconut, berries or lavender... get a conditioner that smell like it. Now... you can't beat that... cuz there isn't the biggest selection of different scents of detergent in the stores... at least I don't think so anyway.

Pour the 6 cups of boiling in water into a big mixing bowl. You can use cold water, many recipes you will notice call for cold water.... I use hot water, it mixes the ingredients much better, which means... Less stirring! After the water, add the conditioner, then the vinegar and stir!

I have been using this for awhile now and I LOVE it! I love how you can make it the scent you want! Mmmm. Nothing like fresh smelling laundry! Oh and don't worry, it does not come out smelling of vinegar.... as long as you don't add too much!

Enjoy!

xOx - L

Click here to Like Designs & Decor on a Dime on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment