Thursday 28 June 2012

Canada Day: DIY Ideas!


With Canada Day being right around the corner, I thought I would share some Canada Day DIY ideas with you! Some you can even do with the kids... you know, since they are off... on summer HOLIDAYS! lol

DIY Canada Day Shorts (Or anything)
Grab a stencil of a Canadian Leaf or Canadian Flag, if you don't have one, print one off of the computer. I like to use sticker paper so I can peel it off and stick it on whatever I am painting!! If you can free hand, that's even better!! Make sure you have red fabric paint for the leaf and paint it with spray or a brush. Once you have painted your leaf or flag, remove the stencil or sticker. If you have glitter, add it if you like! Let dry and you are ready to go!! Throw on a red top and you are good to go!! (not my butt below, lol)


DIY Canada Day Cake 
I'm not the best baker... so I don't think I would be able to make this... but make your own Canada Day Cake for that get together you are having before the fire works begin! You will wow your guests with this kick ass cake!!! It looks so good I almost wouldn't want to eat it... yea, I said almost! LOL.


You can get the tutorial to make this awesome cake by clicking here!

DIY Maple Leaf Magnets
I saw these online and thought them rather cute! Perfect activity for you and the kids!! Or just you!


Here's what you will need: 
White and silver glitter glue
Clean lids from jars of sauce, pickles (anything with a big lid)
Red construction paper
Scissors
Magnets (Heavy duty)
White glue

Once you have the lids you are going to use, take the white glue and paste the magnet on the back, you can use a glue gun if you prefer. Let dry.

Cut out construction paper maples leaves (if you don't have a stencil or aren't the best free hand-er, print some images off the computer) and then cover over with a thin layer of glitter glue. Depending on how thick the glue is, these will take a couple of days to dry, so start today so they will be ready for Canada Day. If you don't have the time and need it to dry fast, skip the glitter glue and just add glitter on top of your white glue. Once dry you are ready to hang up on your fridge or place them outside at your dinner table on magnetic places to give your backyard or house some holiday spirit. Happy Canada Day Canada! 

I've been meaning to start my own Canada Day Shirt made out of a flag.. but it's been delayed.. and I don't know if I'm going to get it done on time :(

xOx

Click here to Like Designs & Decor on a Dime on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment