Tuesday 19 June 2012

Wooden Wall Art


I saw this idea and thought it super cute. I'm looking around my house to see if there is anywhere that I can put it... Hmm, I don't think so... but it would look perfect at my parents cottage! Project time!!!

It's great that something so easy can make a room into a remarkable place. I like projects that are all about finding what you need right here at home... or close to it anyway!

All you need for this one is a few pieces of wood as shown in the picture, or any size you want, nails, some paint and a brush. If you don't think you would be able to free hand the writing, get a stencil from your local supplies store or make one on your computer (for free).

You can do this two ways.

You can build it as one piece; nailing the boards together as one, paint it and then place it on the wall or you can place each board on the wall one at a time, nailing the boards to the wall and then painting it when it's on the wall. You can scatter the wood uneven, use different sizes of wood or you can do it as shown in the picture!

Both ways seem quite simple, it's up soon on my project list, so I'll post pics when I'm doing it!!!

Click here to Like Designs & Decor on a Dime on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment