Saturday 23 June 2012

Homemade Coconut Milk Shampoo!




I LOVE my coconut milk shampoo... but it's SUPER expensive, and I HATE that! So we are constantly looking for cheaper ways to survive and one of them.. DO IT YOURSELF BABY!

I found a recipe for Coconut Milk Shampoo on the internet the other day and I decided to try it out... with a few of my own touches of course!

I know a lot of you might have tried the recipe using castle soap... if you noticed like I did, it made your hair feel like it had a residue left in it... So I've searched and tried and came up with this... with a little help from Julie at One Good Thing!

What you Need:
1 empty, clean bottle (for your shampoo)
1/4 cup coconut milk (if you don't have store bought, you can make your own, see link below)
1/3 cup baby shampoo or baby wash
1 tsp vitamin E, olive or almond oil
10 to 20 drops of your choice of essential oils (whatever kind you like, I used vanilla cause it's my fav)

If making your own Coconut Milk, Click here for details on the how to.

What you Do:
Add 1/4 cup of coconut milk and 1/3 cup baby shampoo to your bottle and then add 1 teaspoon of vitamin E, olive or almond oil (whichever you decided to go with). Once you have added all of that, you are going to add your 10 to 20 drops of essential oils, preference of your choice. Shake your bottle to combine ingredients to complete your shampoo!

Now your ready to go test it out in the shower!! This definitely did the trick for me!! And is MUCH cheaper than the $9 bottle of shampoo. And it felt like my hair didn't even need conditioner, which is weird, because I have thick, curly, frizzy hair and ALWAYS need conditioner.

Let me know how it worked for you!!

xOx

Click here to Like Designs & Decor on a Dime on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment